Re: Versioning and html[5]

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:18:12 -0500
To: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>

Chris Wilson wrote:
>> Right.  The key word here is "significantly".  It's a fuzzy word; the
>> question that should be asked of any proposed change is whether it's
>> significant.  If it is, we shouldn't be making the change.  That's not
>> the same as not making any changes.
>
> We (Microsoft) own our own definition of "significantly" when it comes to breaking our customers "significantly".  It's our responsibility (I mean that word both ways).

Yes, of course.  I'm just saying that the various implementors should point out
to the working group when a proposed spec item would "significantly" change
behavior on "common content" (both as defined by the implementor).

Then again, I also think that not all changes would be significant on common
content.  Maybe I'm being naive.

-Boris