RE: Intent to Conform (was Re: Version information)

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>I tested, and <!DOCTYPE html5> triggers quirks mode in Firefox and
>Safari but not Opera or IE/Mac (I don't know if IE on Windows uses
>the same algorithm). <!DOCTYPE html> doesn't trigger quirks mode in
>any of these.

IE on Windows uses the same algorithm at a pseudocode level (read: I don't think it was an exact copy of the code, but Tantek said "here's how we do the string compares," and the Win IE devs followed that.  I had tested before I said this - <!DOCTYPE html5> triggers standards mode (not quirks mode) on IE7.

-Chris