Re: Version information

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:49:27 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:

> As far as I know text/html is the MIME type of the SGML and XML
> serializations of HTML.

I think the plan is to update RFC2854 to say that UAs must follow the
HTML5 parsing algorithm for text/html content.

> Are you planning to make a standard that is not based on SGML and XML?

 From our charter[1]:

    This group will maintain and produce incremental revisions to the HTML
    specification, which includes the series of specifications previously
    published as XHTML version 1. Both XML and 'classic HTML' syntaxes will
    be produced.

    The Group will define conformance and parsing requirements for 'classic
    HTML', taking into account legacy implementations; the Group will not
    assume that an SGML parser is used for 'classic HTML'.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html

--
Simon Pieters