Re: Pandering to poor authorship (was Proposing <indent> vs. <blockquote>)

From: Bruce Boughton <bruce@bruceboughton.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:40:02 +0100
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
CC: Dylan Smith <qstage@cox.net>

Dylan Smith wrote:
> While the value/validity of the various elements is open to debate, one
> thing v.5 ought to be is a real standard. While backwards compatability is
> important, laying out proper usage will make everyone's lives easier in the
> long run.
Sorry, I don't understand what your position is.  I can't even see if
you're supporting my opinion or Mike's!  Perhaps you could be more explicit.
> Ever tried to CSS a site someone else structured poorly?

Yes :( Just recently: a Joomla based site (urgh) with terrible structure
and existing poor CSS; and the Mailman web interface [double urgh]) ;)

Bruce Boughton