Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

Sander Tekelenburg wrote:
> I do wish though that <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/>
> would be made more accessible. It currently takes several minutes to be
> rendered and generates horizontal scrollbars (in every browser I tried). It
> would be much easier to review if it were split into chewable sections. It's
> currently too inaccessible to get a good overview or to quickly find the
> sections I'm interested in. It being this one huge chunk also makes it harder
> to keep track of changes.

I've made a (slow- and unreliably-hosted, soon-to-be-outdated) copy at
http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/wa1/ split into much smaller sections,
which should cause less suffering to web browsers.

External links to any of those pages are likely to break when the
original spec gets rearranged, since the filenames are based on the
spec's auto-generated fragment identifiers, so it's not very useful for
permanent pointers. But it's probably worthwhile when you just want to
read one section at a time - I'm happy with the scripts being
used/adapted for an official version (or for any other purpose).

--
Philip Taylor
philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk