Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5 -- procedural issue

From: Denis Boudreau (WebConforme) <dboudreau@webconforme.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:37:35 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, lbolstad@opera.com

Hi there,

> I'm interested in having someone present HTML5, or the differences
> between HTML4 and HTML5, in a teleconference. The idea got
> a little support support when I brought it up in IRC, but
> it also got some resistance, so I haven't pursued it very actively.

I believe this would be very useful for some (including myself) that
do not, as of today, completely master the differences between the
two. It could take the form of the webinars sometimes organized by
the W3C. I've been to one on the mobile web and it was a very
appropriate format for that sort of thing.

--
Denis Boudreau,
Directeur

WebConforme / AccessibilitéWeb
1751 rue Richardson, bureau 3.501
Montréal (Qc), Canada  H3K 1G6

Téléphone : +1 514-448-2650
Télécopieur : +1 514.667.2216
dboudreau@webconforme.com
blackberry@webconforme.com
http://www.webconforme.com/

Les choses changent plus lentement que l’on pense. La rapidité
des changements technologiques est tempérée par la lenteur de
leur acceptation sociale. (Michel Cartier)