Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

Anne van Kesteren schreef:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:49:14 +0200, Laurens Holst
> <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>> That said, I don’t have any particular objections against integrating
>> the WHATWG’s specs as a whole. I only fear that with things like for
>> example <video> already having proactively been added to the published
>> specification draft, implementations even being made already, it will be
>> hard for me to effectively argue that <object> should be used.
>
> Do you think that would be different if only parts of HTML5 would be
> taken over? The people currently involved in <video> seem to be mostly
> on both WGs.

My primary concern with <video> in this case is that <video> has already
been added to the working draft of the spec. I hope that in the HTML WG
this would be done differently, splitting it up in separate issues for
discussion, maybe prototype a couple of specs in the wiki or something,
and only after some kind of concensus has been reached add it to the
specification’s working draft.

~Grauw