RE: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

Your co-chairs are responsible for building consensus within the Working Group.

From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of paul haine
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:17 AM
To: HTML WG
Subject: Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On 10 Apr 2007, at 16:12, Doug Schepers wrote:

I'm curious what would happen if this proposal is not accepted.

I'm curious as to *how* this proposal is accepted (or not, as the case may be). What's the procedure for this sort of thing? Is there a vote on the mailing list, or on a website, or does it just happen automatically if nobody voices any opposition within a reasonable timeframe?