Re: Version information

From: Magnus Kristiansen <magnusrk+w3c@pvv.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 04:10:03 +0200
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 03:42:45 +0200, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm also being realistic - we will not get standards 100% right.
> (Neither will anyone else, I would guess.)  Because being
> backward-compatible is a tenet for us, we will have to require authors
> to opt in to correct behavior.  New version numbers will automatically
> be opted in.

The question many people ask is, when will it end? Authors supposedly
opted in to standards by using a valid doctype, but now that isn't enough.
If browsers get things wrong, won't that lead to needing a new opt-in to
be compatible with HTML5 when HTML6 comes around?

--
Magnus Kristiansen
"Don't worry; the Universe IS out to get you."