Re: Introduce <term> element

From: Raven Brooks <ravenbrooks@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:03:07 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
+1 for the term idea because it would provide semantic meaning for the
enclosed text.

Using CSS you could hide the definition and show it when a user's cursor
rolls over the term, you could provide definitions as footnotes in print
friendly forms, and presumably search engines and the like could make use of
it.