Re: Introduce <term> element

+1 for the term idea because it would provide semantic meaning for the
enclosed text.

Using CSS you could hide the definition and show it when a user's cursor
rolls over the term, you could provide definitions as footnotes in print
friendly forms, and presumably search engines and the like could make use of
it.