Re: ensuring the existence & enhancing the power of Q

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:28:47 +0200
To: "Dao Gottwald" <dao@design-noir.de>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, public-html@w3.org

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:39:37 +0200, Dao Gottwald <dao@design-noir.de>
wrote:

>> <quote> element that has this functionality out of the box as well as
>> being able to replace <blockquote>?
>
> Replace <blockquote>? What for?

Please read Gregory J. Rosmaita's e-mail about it. I agree with him
wholehartedly in that <blockquote> is so abused today and only differs
 from <q> (or a new <quote> element) on a presentational level, not at all
on a semantic one.

> Actually, I'd rather introduce <blockcode>, because that's really
> missing.

semantically different from their inline cousins, then all of the other
inline elements should have block-level equivalents as well, don't you
agree?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no