Re: Form fields for uploading

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Alexander Graf wrote:

> File upload fields are very, very broken right now. They should be
> modified to allow for:
>
> 	1) Drag and Drop of files to the upload field
> 	2) Uploading of multiple files
> 	3) Setting the file type to upload
> 	4) Uploading/selecting of whole folders

Web Forms 2 enables all the above.

> 	5) if possible, let the author read (DOM/JS) the number of files that
> 	were selected for uploading, their filenames/paths and their size.

There's a draft for a File Upload API in the WebAPI group that may cover
this. We might want to adopt it (if the draft defines HTMLInputControl
extensions) or we might want to just refer to it (if it makes sense for
the other spec to stand on its own), but for now discussion of that
feature is probably best left to public-webapi@w3.org.

HTH,