Re: Naming Wiki Pages

From: Mike Schinkel <w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 06:05:07 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org

Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Exactly as Anne said. Personally, I'm not going to remember
> "DeclWebFormExpr04"  but I might remember "Issues related to HTML5" or
> something more a bit more human.
As I said to Anne, just remember [1].
> Those arbitrarily abbreviated names
> are completely impracticable and impossible to remember....
But very simple to look up at [1].
> and the
> fact that I can just do a simple search like
> http://www.google.com/search?q=AbbrAcronym and find what I want points
> to exactly the problem with that naming scheme.
None need to search with Google.  Just go to [1] and use your browser's
"find"; simple.  However, I would agree to change them to include a dash
between the name and number to make it easier to good them without the
number; would that be a fair compromise?

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/