Re: Posting to this list

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:29:48 +1000
To: public-html@w3.org

Alexander Graf:
> Most other mailing lists don't have this. Can we forward this to
> someone who knows how to fix it?

Having the list mailing software set Reply-To automatically is a very
contentious issue.  Every time the issue pops up on my local LUG’s
mailing list the argument goes on for days. :)  See for example:

The (still) non-standard Mail-Followup-To header seems to be a better
way to solve the problem (assuming users on the list use mail clients
that support it):

  http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/