Re: Multipart response support

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:01:37 +0200
To: "Henrik Dvergsdal" <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>, public-html@w3.org

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:06:54 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal
<henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no> wrote:

> Well, to me, the ability to include images as attachments first of all
> represents a means for ordinary people to achieve a certain degree of
> protection of their legal rights.

Have you thought about the caching implications in multipart responses?
How will the caches be invalidated, for example?

> It won't affect the big corporations who have technical, financial and
> legal resources to protect their content anyway. Neither will it affect
> the technically skilled bad guys out there who will abuse their rights
> anyway. But it will reduce the total amount of abuse and that is a good
> thing, I think.

How exactly will this "protection" work? Are you talking about protection
against hot-linking, or is there anything else in a multipart response
that protects the images in other ways?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no