Multipart response support

From: Henrik Dvergsdal <henrik.dvergsdal@hibo.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:12:35 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

I think we should consider including support for multipart responses
in HTML. Among other things this would provide:

- easy preloading of critical components without using JavaScript

- improved digital rights management of images etc. without using
flash or other plug-ins. (No need to make such resources directly
accessible on the internet.)

- a mechanism for hiding scripts and stylesheets from (average) users.

Syntacticaly I think it would involve only a tiny change in the
specification. We only need to extend src-attributes etc. to accept
references to internal attachments instead of just URL's.

--
Henrik