Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: toward an issues list/agenda for the HTML WG

From: Mike Schinkel <w3c-lists@mikeschinkel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:26:11 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 00:32 -0400, Mike Schinkel wrote:
>
>> You will notice I created the first issue:
>>
>>    http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AbbrAcronym01
>>

> Trying out the ESW wiki is a tangible contribution, so thanks
> for giving it a go.
>
> But note that W3C WGs are obliged to address all the issues they take on.
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#formal-address

Dan, thanks for explaining.  I didn't actually realize the ramifications
of creating an issue list. I was envisioning more of a "current
discussions" list where the discussions can be tagged and a summary can
be maintained. I wasn't envisioning forcing the WG to address every one
per se.  Is it possible to instead view the list as "discussions"
instead of "issues" so as not to trigger the formal requirements you
mention?

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/