Re: Brainstorming: Best of all Worlds

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:43:00 +0900
To: Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer <sebastian@dreamlab.net>
CC: public-html@w3.org
Fwiw, +1 for offering a declarative approach, as opposed to script-only.

Although I have yet to see why "field1 + field2" is more difficult to
authors than "$field1 + $field2". Especially when you’re starting to
create a subset of Javascript, I start to wonder whether it wouldn’t
just be better to use XPath. But I didn’t really think hard about all
the turing complete and static analysis bits, so maybe XPath has the
same issues as JS has there :).

Finally, is there a solution yet for the names conflicting with
Javascript keywords problem I indicated?

~Grauw