Re: Doctypes and the dialects of HTML 5

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:03:23 +0900
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Le 25 mars 2007 à 06:26, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> When HTML6 comes out, but there are still HTML5 conformance
> checkers around, wouldn't you want to mark your HTML6 document as
> something that should not necessarily be expected to pass an HTML5
> conformance checker?
> Likewise for HTML5 now and HTML4 validators.

 From the discussions on this thread  about versioning, I have
identified two classes of products only.

* browsers
* conformance checkers

It seems, there are few products missing in the discussion:

* authoring tools
* converters (from one format to another, from one version to another)
* "semantics" parsers

I'm specifically interested by knowing the opinions of authoring
tools and converters developers.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***