Re: let's have an HTML WG teleconference Thu, 29 March

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:51:00 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 22:53 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> > That's a survey I just set up. Please fill it out at your earliest
> > convenience.
>
> Could we have a question regarding whether we think we should have one at
> all or not? The questionaire seems to somewhat assume that a telecon is a
> good idea, but several people have commented on this list negatively about
> the idea. Right now, the only way to say that in the survey is to say that
> the notice was insufficient, which is not really the same thing.

Not so. It says:

"If you see any reason that this teleconference shouldn't happen at all,
please put it in a comment."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tel29mar/

And it doesn't assume that a telecon is a good idea; it's
explicit about my reasons for calling one...
"It seems we have enough agenda topics and issues[1] to merit a
teleconference."
[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E