RE: Proposed requirement: don't break the Web

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:29:56 -0400
To: <public-html@w3.org>

> L. David Baron wrote:
> Proposed requirement:
>   New versions of HTML must not break
>   significant numbers of Web pages.

I think I agree with the sentiment, but is is worded correctly?  IOW, how is
it possible a new spec can break existing *pages*?  Would this more
correctly be worded "New versions of HTML must not cause supporting clients
to break significant numbers of Web pages?"  Or something like that?
--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/