Re: HTML WG Face to face meeting call for interest

From: Shawn Medero <smedero@ldc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:00:59 -0400
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: matt@builtfromsource.com

On Mar 21, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Matthew Ratzloff wrote:

> On Wed, March 21, 2007 7:21 am, Shawn Medero wrote:
>> Looking at the results it seems unfeasible for a majority of the
>> group to meet face to face (not surprising) but it was worth
>> measuring. Ian's suggestion for using IRC is the best proposal
>> I've seen for handling our geographically diverse group.
>
> Why not have two meetings, simultaneously? Those that can make it
> to Paris can meet there, while those that would prefer the US
> Pacific can meet at Microsoft in Redmond, WA.  We can have a common
> agenda that we each discuss independently, and then do a short
> teleconference to try to reconcile our conclusions.

Well in that case let's add a third location for the proposed meeting
site mentioned in the survey (Cambridge, MA, US) since it is far
closer to me (Philadelphia, PA, US). :)

I do like the idea of a face-to-face err... face-to-video meeting as
a kick-off. Is this possible? I'm not 100% familiar with W3C
precedent or the WG charter in this respect.

Shawn Medero