Re: preference for blocks of unrelated comments

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:37:27 -0400
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, public-html@w3.org

Disclaimer - I am a lurker here. Opera is represented in this group by Lars Erik Bolstad. Other people are subscribed to the group, but Lars Erik has the "authorative Opera view".

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:54:53 -0400, Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu> wrote:

> Hence a friendly question: do you prefer seven new threads, or one big message with seven parts? I gather many of you have more experience with this sort of large conversation than I do, so I will defer to the first two people offering advice on this issue who seem to agree with one another.

With respect to Murray, I generally prefer seperated messages that are threaded (and subjects changing when the message subject does). The exception is the odd attempt to draw together several disparate threads. But it is more of an art than a science, and I suppose it depends moore on those who are actively participating than on those who mostly just read.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com