Re: preference for blocks of unrelated comments

From: Jim Barraud <jim.barraud@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:42:51 -0400
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On 3/20/07, Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu> wrote:
> Hence a friendly question: do you prefer seven new threads, or one big message with seven parts? I gather many of you have more experience with this sort of large conversation than I do, so I will defer to the first two people offering advice on this issue who seem to agree with one another.

Several threads are usually best. It's bad enough when one question
with no parts suddenly breaks out into 3 separate topics in the same
thread. I can just imagine if one question had "7 parts" in the same
thread.

It's also easier for people to skim the the thread subject lines to
find topics that they can contribute to.

--
Jim Barraud
http://jimbarraud.com