preference for blocks of unrelated comments

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:54:53 -0400
To: <public-html@w3.org>

I have a bunch of things that have been stirring in my mind since this group started up: all vaguely brainstorm-ish.

Sometimes, I have been told, people would prefer several little threads to be posted one-at-a-time with separate subject lines. Other times, I have worried that such might be seen as hogging bandwidth. (The last time I broke one complex message into a half-dozen little threads, it must have looked odd from some historico-documentary graph theoretic perspective.)

Hence a friendly question: do you prefer seven new threads, or one big message with seven parts? I gather many of you have more experience with this sort of large conversation than I do, so I will defer to the first two people offering advice on this issue who seem to agree with one another.

cheers,
David Dailey