Re: [whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 and the W3C Patent Policy

From: Robert Brodrecht <whatwg@robertdot.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:13:12 -0700
Cc: WHAT WG List <whatwg@whatwg.org>, public-html@w3.org
To: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>

On Mar 14, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Matthew Raymond wrote:

>    If your name is on the list above, please agree to the license
> so we
> can circumvent the patent policy issue in the HTML WG. Let me know if
> you've already agreed to the policy so I can take you off the list.

I can't find an easy way to simply agree to the patent policy.
However, I know I had to do it in the process of becoming an invited
expert to the HTML WG.  I assume that each person can complete that
process via Ian's instructions: http://blog.whatwg.org/w3c-restarts-
html-effort

If anyone knows a way to do this with less overhead for the W3C folks
(e.g. Dan Connolly and Karl Dubost), it would probably also be easier
for the specified individuals to get through the process.  Links to
forms or e-mail addresses of people to contact would be nice if you
have them.

Robert <http://robertdot.org>