Re: Preparing to launch the Forms Task Force ...

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:41:36 +0100
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, www-forms@w3.org

On 12/03/2007 19:17, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I think we're at the heart of a fundamental question that the group
> will need to address. Is the new WG starting from scratch, or are we
> building on the work of the WHAT WG?

Answer to this question is almost trivial : we're mid-march. The first
WD for this WG is scheduled to be released __next june__. If we start
from scratch, I suggest we add another four years to all dates
in the schedule...

> I have immense respect for good editors. Both Dave and Ian are among
> those. Dave did his pioneering work on HTML in the mid-90s and Ian
> continued it 10 years later.
>
> My gut feeling -- and I only speak on behalf of my own gut -- is that
> trying to create a new W3C draft in parallel with WHAT WG will be an
> insurmountable challenge for any editor, and confusing for
> implementors and users. I would therefore nominate Ian to continue his
> role as editor in the new HTML WG, thereby building on the work of the
> WHAT WG. This seems faster, more efficient, and a more peaceful.

I have no problem with that.
It only means the very first task of the newly created WG when it's
up and running is a full review of the current WHAT WG draft, right ?

</Daniel>