Re: New editor's draft of the HTML/XML TF Report

"Robert Leif" <rleif@rleif.com> writes:

> Norm et al.
>
> “Do you think there's any possibility of achieving consensus for a
> model that says HTML5 and XHTML5 are that radically different in
> design and philosophy?”
>
> I do think that it is possible to achieve a consensus for a model.

You're proposal, as I understood it, was that the XHTML serialization
of HTML5 would allow arbitrary namespaces and prefixes, like XML,
while the non-XML serialization would not. If I've understood you
incorrectly, please let me know. If not, I encourage you to shop that
idea around the HTML community. I think you'll find it very difficult
to garner any support at all. But do let me know.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Act from reason, and failure makes you