Friction and cross pollination

Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> writes:
> Finally, so far no one has seemed to care the least bit about it, but
> I'll mention it one last time just in case :) I think that there could
> be some value in working on points of friction when crossing XML/HTML
> environment boundaries, as well as on cross-pollination (see
> http://www.w3.org/mid/C201A791-AD3C-4CC7-BDEE-B44EE2706A3F@berjon.com).
> I'm perfectly fine with that notion not going into the report if
> everyone just yawns at it, but I do stick by the idea that looking at
> stuff "on the other side" as if it might be usefully transferrable
> mutatis mutandis is more productive than considering that everything
> linked to a given technology is necessarily stupid and needs to be
> reinvented in as perfect as possible ignorance of any precedent.

I think it's a good idea. I don't think we've talked about it enough
to work out what there might be consensus enough about to put in the
document.

Robin, would you be willing to try to draft a few paragraphs that you
think cover the topic? We can talk about that and, if we reach
consensus, figure out how to put it in the document.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh