Re: Friction and cross pollination

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:08:40 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html-xml@w3.org
On 13.10.2011 19:01, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I think it makes sense to have a new HTML5-aware HTML output method
> for XSLT, but I think making it polyglot would be an unfortunate
> distraction.

My expectation is that finally there will be two output options -- HTML5
output method (based on <xsl:output method="html"/>) and polyglot output
method which will improve existing <xsl:output method="xhtml"/>. XHTML
output method was there to produce output similar to constraints from
Appendix C of XHTML spec and polyglot supersedes this half-way approach.

				Jirka