Re: Friction and cross pollination

That is how http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/ is labelled but it is in fact an editor's draft. That's the best version to read, but keep in mind that it is still in flux.

> Please correct me, if I am wrong. It appears from the WebIDL document
> that HTML5 uses WEBIDL.

Yes, every single specification in W3C being worked on today that defines an API does so using WebIDL. Its concepts are now core to the Web stack. A Best Practices document is also on its way, but we're very far from having usable content just yet: http://w3c-test.org/webapps/api-design/ (expect more after TPAC).