Re: Friction and cross pollination

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:28:35 +0200
Cc: "'Norman Walsh'" <ndw@nwalsh.com>, <public-html-xml@w3.org>
To: <rleif@rleif.com>
Hi Bob,

I'm not sure which problem it is that you see OMG IDL as providing a solution to, but I'll simply note that those who work on APIs in W3C have actually moved away from OMG IDL and into WebIDL (http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/). There have been discussions about using it to describe RPC scenarios but so far those have involved transmitting JSON rather than XML.