Re: <time> values in HTML5

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:35:15 +0100
Cc: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, public-html-xml@w3.org
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
On Nov 19, 2011, at 21:23 , Jeni Tennison wrote:
> I can see that xs:precisionDecimal does this through a Note. Are you saying that similar Notes could be made for these types within the XML Schema namespace?

I don't know why xs:precisionDecimal got moved to a Note, but for things that are expected to be implemented, used interoperably, etc. I would suggest that a Recommendation would be much, much better. If only for IPR concerns.

> Which group do you think would be the right one to take that forward?

I can't speak for the Schema WG (no matter how much fun that would be!) but I would expect this to be definable by anyone, but require approval from the Schema WG if it uses their namespace.