W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-xml@w3.org > March 2011

HTML-XML Task Force Minutes 8 Mar 2011

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:34:36 -0400
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2fwqqyd2b.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes


                                   - DRAFT -

                              HTML/XML Task Force

Meeting 8, 08 Mar 2011


   See also: [3]IRC log


           Norm, Henri, Yves

           Anne, Noah




     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Review of editor's draft of task force report (such as it is)

     * [8]Summary of Action Items


  Accept this agenda?

   -> [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-agenda


  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/02/22-minutes


   Chair isn't entirely sure this constitutes quorem, but not sure to what
   extent task forces have a quorem, so pushing on.

   Henri: I suggest we abandon weekly calls and only meet when someone
   requests one.

   Norm: Yes, I think that's probably the right approach for the immediate

  Review of editor's draft of task force report (such as it is)

   -> [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/report.html

   Yves: It looks fine to me.
   ... But it's missing the use cases.

   Norm: True, but I do want to craft the introduction carefully to establish
   the problem statement.

   Yves: It doesn't really introduce the use cases, but it's a good

   Henri: I have two minor nits, but it's generally ok.
   ... It says "recast HTML as an XML application instead of an SGML
   application". That could use some explanation; it was never an SGML
   application in practice.
   ... Also, HTML5 is not in a single namespace, there are a small bounded
   number of namespaces.

   Norm: Yes. I will fix both of those errors.

   Henri: I have nothing else now.

   Norm: Ok. I'll press on and ask for review in email.

   <scribe> ACTION: Norm to investigate how we publish this. [recorded in

   Norm: I'm inclined to make sure it's at least a TAG finding when we're


Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Norm to investigate how we publish this. [recorded in

   [End of minutes]


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.135 ([15]CVS
    $Date: 2011/03/13 20:33:32 $


   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-html-xml-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-minutes#ActionSummary
   9. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/03/08-agenda
  10. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/02/22-minutes
  11. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/report.html
  12. http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-html-xml-minutes.html#action01
  13. http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-html-xml-minutes.html#action01
  14. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  15. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Sunday, 13 March 2011 20:35:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:58:28 UTC