W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-xml@w3.org > July 2011

HTML/XML TF Minutes 26 July 2011

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:30:50 -0400
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2oc0hdpp1.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes

[1]W3C

                                   - DRAFT -

                              HTML/XML Task Force

Meeting 10, 26 Jul 2011

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
           Norm, Bob Leif, Henri

   Regrets
           Noah, Mike Champion

   Chair
           Norm

   Scribe
           Norm

Contents

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting 9 Aug 2011
         4. [8]TPAC meeting
         5. [9]Review of latest snapshot draft.
         6. [10]Recent email threads
         7. [11]Any other business?

     * [12]Summary of Action Items

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

   <anne> I will attend over IRC

   <darobin> I'll have to be attending over IRC as well

  Accept this agenda?

   -> [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-agenda

   <darobin> +1

   Accepted

  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/06/28-minutes

   Accepted.

  Next meeting 9 Aug 2011

   Anyone have to give regrets?

   Robin gives regrets until September; Anne gives possible regrets for 9
   Aug.

  TPAC meeting

   Norm: TPAC is meeting in November, is there any interest in even a brief
   2f2 meeting if we're still active in October?

   Bob: I'd be interested if it could start after 1:00 so that I could fly in
   and out on the same day.

   Norm: I'm not saying we have to have a meeting, but if we'll all be there
   anyway.
   ... Ok, I'll leave it on the table as a possibility and we'll decide when
   we get closer.

   <darobin> [if we have a meeting, I'd suggest perhaps doing so with the TAG
   on Monday]

   <hsivonen> unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be at TPAC

   <anne> meeting at TPAC seems fine; I might be on vacation Aug 9 but I do
   not know yet

  Review of latest snapshot draft.

   -> [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/

   Norm: Apologies, this wasn't actually on the agenda.
   ... But after our last meeting, I attempted to implement our decisions and
   republished a draft.
   ... Is there anyone who has not had time to look at that draft?

   Norm: Is there anyone who thinks I misrepresented our decisions?

   None heard.

   Some discussion of publication; consensus is that TAG has to publish.

   Some discussion of schema validation which is perhaps a bit tangential

  Recent email threads

   Norm: I reviewed the recent threads and beyond a few vague requests for
   greater clarity and some arguments that seemed to get resolved, I didn't
   find much that felt actionable.
   ... Did anyone else see any comments they feel we must address?

   <darobin> no, but I'd like to have more clarity on the clarification
   requests

   <darobin> if possible without having to demonstrate everything from first
   principles :)

   No one suggests any.

   Bob: I don't think we have enough detail in the report.
   ... Is it our job to provide that detail.

   Norm: I think we'd benefit from a few specific examples mailed to the
   list.
   ... No one has suggested anything actionable in the recent email.
   ... I wonder if we should ask the TAG to publish this as a Note so that it
   has real standing, not just an editorial snapshot.

   Bob: I'd be happy with that providing we ask were do we go from here.

   <darobin> publishing might get us broader feedback

   Henri: It seems to me that there were requests for really broad things.
   Can we assume that the issues are pretty much known? It's not clear to me
   if that was a question of personal understanding or devils advocacy.

   Norm: I think we'll have to address that to get the TAG to publish, but I
   agree that we don't want to make a great, long exposition from first
   principles.
   ... I think the question is, is there anything we as a task force want to
   change about the document before we make it officially public.

   Henri: To me it looks like the report is ready for publication, but I'd
   like to read it again.

   Norm: Thank you, Henri.
   ... I've been asked to report back to the TAG in early September. I
   propose that at that meeting, I will request pubication. If anyone sees
   anything between now and then that they think needs to be addressed,
   please send it to the list.
   ... Anyone have any problems with that approach?

   Henri: Sounds good to me.

   <anne> I agree with hsivonen

   <anne> And the approach sounds fine

  Any other business?

   None heard.

   Adjourned.

   Norm: Thank you all for attending, by phone or IRC, and we'll talk again
   soon.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version 1.136 ([17]CVS
    log)
    $Date: 2011/07/26 15:29:41 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/06/28-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2011/07/26-html-xml-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#item07
  12. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-minutes#ActionSummary
  13. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/07/26-agenda
  14. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/2011/06/28-minutes
  15. http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/
  16. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Tuesday, 26 July 2011 15:31:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 26 July 2011 15:31:20 GMT