Re: Use case 4 is written up

On 24/01/2011 06:52, John Cowan wrote:
> See http://esw.w3.org/HTML_XML_Use_Case_04 .  It's informally written,
> but I think it's the truth and nothing but the truth (the whole truth
> is rather beyond my scope).

The use case as written up discusses one possible solution (using script
element) but not others that have been proposed (and implemented in some
places) of using an element that allows a more xml-style parsing of its
content (cf math or svg in html5, <xml> in IE, or the "extensions like
svg" change proposal for html5). I'm not saying one of those should be a
preferred solution, just noticing that the use case as written isn't so
much a use case as a discussion of the pros and cons of one possible
solution (using script)

David