Re: [cowan@mercury.ccil.org: Questions about HTML void elements]

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:18:46 -0500
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: public-html-xml@w3.org
John Cowan scripsit:

> Henri Sivonen scripsit:
>
> > Those are only the conforming void elements. For the list of
> > non-macro* void elements from the parser POV, the list is in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/2011Jan/0027.html
>
> Okay, thanks.  I've added basefont, bgsound, index, isimage, and frame, then.

I note that your email above says that the void elements must not
generate an end-tag, but in fact end-tags should be safe for all of
them except br, even though empty-tags or SGMLish start-tags are the
only valid alternatives.

Right?

--
John Cowan    cowan@ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Nobody expects the RESTifarian Inquisition!  Our chief weapon is