Re: The interpretation of script

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:14:07 +0100
Cc: public-html-xml@w3.org
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
On Jan 19, 2011, at 16:58 , Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>> If you were to check for native support of MusicXML in
>>> application/xhtml+xml today, what would you check?
>>
>> I'm not familiar with the specification, but my first instinct would
>> be to see if document.createElementNS(MUSICXML_NS,
>> "whatever-the-root-element-is") returns MusicXMLFooElement.
>
> I mentioned MathML precisely because that approach does not work for MathML.

Right, I answered quickly and then suspected that might have been the case. Last I did maths was in high school, which I mostly truanted anyway  as a result, I don't use MathML all that much. What happens when MathML is included in HTML? Do you get Element, HTMLUnknownElement, HTMLElement, something else? I can't seem to find anyone saying what ought to happen.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/