Re: The interpretation of script

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:12:53 +0000
To: liam@w3.org
CC: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, public-html-xml@w3.org

> Something that doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) "norun" can do
> so... just as you can write XSLT to process SVG as data without actually
> rendering it.

SVG strikes me as an excellent example of something that is program or
data depending on which day of the week it is. XForms probably fits into
that category too. If I'm embedding such stuff in my HTML page, I want
to make it absolutely clear whether I expect the browser to
execute/render it; and I don't want that to depend on which languages
the browser happens to support. Using two different MIME types to make
the distinction is gross tag abuse. So "norun" makes sense to me.

Michael Kay
Saxonica