Mutual respect, please

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:01:36 -0500
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
Folks,

There have been a few exchanges on this list that appear to betray a
sense of frustration and frayed tempers. I am no more immune to such
feelings than the next person, but I would ask everyone, please, to
redirect inflamatory remarks to /dev/null, even if you feel such
remarks have been provoked.

Our best, perhaps only, hope of reaching a consensus about what
problems exist and what we might recommend to ameliorate them is if we
accept that our opinions vary, sometimes widely, and many are strongly
held.

Of course there are disagreements. Important issues are central to
some of our disagreements, but we'll never find them or articulate
them if we don't elevate our discourse to a level of mutual respect.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh