Re: XForms Use Case

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:06:45 -0500
To: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>
Cc: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, "public-html-xml@w3.org" <public-html-xml@w3.org>
Kurt Cagle scripsit:

> May I make a recommendation.

That's not a recommendation, it's a flame.

> I do think,
> however, that the general impression that many people have of this process
> (speaking as someone who is setting standards within a large federal agency)
> is that, as with many other aspects of HTML5, that this preoccupation with
> reinventing the wheel to actively exclude XML is frankly getting old and is
> throwing away a huge amount of accumulated knowledge about what works and
> what doesn't, on the basis of what appears to be ego. Maybe I'm wrong -

Wrong or not, the words "throwing away a huge amount of accumulated
knowledge about what works and what doesn't" has been applied to both
sides already.  I suggest not going there again.

As Spider Robinson says, it's not who picks the most potatoes, it's can we
get the potatoes picked before winter comes.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
The penguin geeks is happy / As under the waves they lark