Re: XForms Use Case

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:40:58 +0000
To: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
CC: "public-html-xml@w3.org" <public-html-xml@w3.org>

> I think if we go down this particular rabbit hole, we will have veered
> off-topic from "what can we do minimize XML-stack/Web-stack friction"
> into yet-another-ISSUE-41-permathread. I'm really hoping that this TF
> can avoid doing that.

Sorry, as far as I can see, the only way we can minimize friction is to
provide choice (also known as openness or extensibility). I don't think
the "one size fits all" idea is appropriate for the browser platform any
more than for any other computing platform (indeed, it's hardly a
"platform" if you can't put a variety of things on top of it.)

I'm afraid I've no idea what Issue 41 is, though I dare say we're
unlikely to discuss anything that hasn't been discussed before.

Michael Kay