Re: What problem is this task force trying to solve and why?

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 16:40:18 -0500
To: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-html-xml@w3.org
Kurt Cagle scripsit:

> One other possibility that comes to mind is simply to create a
> <foreignContent> element in HTML5. SVG has a similar element (usually
> for holding HTML, oddly enough). This would simply tell the processor
> to not display the content in question, not to parse it, not to do
> anything with it.

That's what "script" does, and I see no reason to duplicate it.

On the other hand, having an <xml> element which says that everything up
to the matching </xml> is well-formed XML (without prologue or epilogue)
and should be incorporated into the DOM seems a good idea to me.  If there
are legacy concerns with <xml>, use <well-structured-extension> or for
that matter <scritchifchisted> instead.

--
We are lost, lost.  No name, no business, no Precious, nothing.  Only empty.
Only hungry: yes, we are hungry.  A few little fishes, nassty bony little