Re: What problem is this task force trying to solve and why?

One additional point about <foreignContent> - this opens up the option of
embedding JSON content, YAML or other similar content into the HTML without
this information rendering the content. It provides a way of embedding
metadata such as RDF. It could even be used for embedding binhex or similar
content. It's semantically neutral - the browser doesn't need to supply any
processing to it. It's an escape hatch for HTML, something that provides a
way to extend the language if necessary but to do so in a consistent manner.

Kurt Cagle
XML Architect
*Lockheed / US National Archives ERA Project*