Re: Use cases

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:12:32 +0000
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: public-html-xml@w3.org
On 30/12/2010 21:19, Norman Walsh wrote:
> What other use cases are there?

One use case that I see regularly but I don't think is quite captured by
your listed ones is

I want to use the xml toolchain to generate an xhtml  document served as
text/html

This is essentially the motivating use case for "polyglot documents".
maybe this is usecase 2 and "polyglot documents" is what is refered to
as "A simpler subset of XML might be created ", but while the issues are
similar I wouldn't consider using an xml toolchain (or drupal etc)
to make an xhtml  document browsed as text/html to be naturally
described as "I have an HTML5 toolchain and I want to consume XML"

David