Re: Representativeness of implementors in HTML WG [Was: Use cases]

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:15:40 +0100
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
CC: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-html-xml@w3.org
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> + Authoring tools
>
> Authoring tools are a much more varied category. It's hard to work out
> how much of the market we have represented, but I'll try and give some
> idea here of the breadth of input.

I think that in this category you are missing another two groups of
tools which are responsible for large chunks of a web content.

One are various content management systems -- varying from open-source
ones like Joomla, Drupal, ... to in-house systems used by all larger
institutions or companies to produce content for their web sites.

The second group is content, usually documentation, generated from XML
sources in some standardized format like DocBook, DITA or TEI using XSLT.

				Jirka