Re: EXI

On Feb 10, 2011, at 16:19 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:13:53 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>> But I can't make my mind up. WDYT?
>
> EXI seems like just another syntax to get a DOM. XHTML and HTML already pretty much generate the same DOM so if EXI is compatible with either this should already work, no?

I think that the potential difference lies in the production method. I don't think that cases in which people will be writing EXI directly will be common (certainly not by hand), so we have a situation where you have HTML -> EXI -> DOM. EXI is (or at least can be) a lossy compression format, so things will get dropped from the HTML. In effect, it includes some amount of DOM transformation.

But I still don't know if that's enough of a difference to justify a UC.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/