Re: Suggested revised text for HTML/XML report intro

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:40:44 +0200, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
wrote:
> Very well, but you don't meet my point, which is about the specification
> becoming more complex.  One only has to compare the HTML4 and HTML5 specs
> to see this.

You mean going from not having HTML defined to having HTML defined? That
does indeed require more text. And HTML parsing in particular is complex
because it was never defined and browsers chased after each other trying
to make something work, leading to an ever more complex algorithm. If we
define the same for XML there will not be all that complexity, because
there is no legacy.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/