Introduction of report (was: Re: Updated draft)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:04:56 +0200
To: public-html-xml@w3.org, "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>

Thanks Norm!

I think David pointed out something in another thread that warrants a
change regarding markup errors.

Specifically, I suggest that this sentence:
"Where HTML goes to great lengths to defined how an agent must recover
 from markup errors, XML is unforgiving in the face of markup errors."

Is replaced with something like this:
"Where HTML defines how an agent must process a document irrespective of
markup errors, XML requires an agent to halt processing in the face of
markup errors."

Rationale: That HTML goes to great lengths, or rather, that it is
complicated, is an artifact of the browser wars and not having a defined
algorithm from the start. It has nothing to do with the approach.

In addition, it does not recover from markup errors. Errors actually make
it actually into the final result.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/