Re: Suggested revised text for HTML/XML report intro

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:37:06 +0100
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: "public-html-xml@w3.org" <public-html-xml@w3.org>
On 16/08/2011 14:31, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> I disagree. The HTML specs make very clear the distinction between
> correct and erroneous content.

true (and the point is more about wording/mindset than substance) but I
don't think it's helpful to describe the behaviour in the face of
erroneous input as "fixing". Not only is the input not actually changed,
The resulting tree is not described in terms of a tree that would be
generated from valid input, the html5 spec simply (or not so simply:-)
says how to parse all input, valid or not.

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle